At Taylor & Ring, our attorneys are deeply committed to each case we pursue. We believe in our clients and take on each case with a strong commitment to achieving justice for them. Our clients can rest assured that they have aggressive yet compassionate trial lawyers to protect their rights.
Serving clients throughout the Greater Los Angeles and Southern California area, we represent victims of sexual abuse, serious personal injury and wrongful death, nursing home neglect and abuse, premises liability, construction accidents, defective products, employment litigation and motor vehicle accidents.
At the Forefront of Sexual Abuse Litigation
Child sexual abuse is all too frequent in the United States, with 8.2 percent of children experiencing sexual victimization over a one-year period, according to one study. Nearly two-thirds of these incidents were sexual assaults or attempted/completed rapes.
Taylor & Ring vigorously defends abused and molested children, providing legal advice to their families and guiding them through the justice system to obtain multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements. We also represent adult victims of sex crimes, such as rape, sexual harassment and molestation.
Our attorneys have the proven knowledge and experience to help all sexual abuse victims through their cases from start to finish.
Successful Representation in a Variety of Lawsuits
- Serious Personal Injury / Wrongful Death: We represent families and victims after accidents involving death or traumatic physical injury. In one matter, the firm obtained an $8.75 million jury verdict against the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for the fatal shooting of an unarmed man.
- Child Injuries One study found that 53 percent of children suffered a physical assault, while other research discovered that bullying affects 17 percent of students at least once a week. While law enforcement focuses on stopping the perpetrators, Taylor & Ring works to secure awards for the young and vulnerable victims.
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse: The elderly are one of the most vulnerable segments of our population and must be protected to the highest degree. In a study of 2,000 nursing home residents, 44% reported abuse and 95% said they had been neglected or witnessed another resident being neglected.
- Premises Liability: Hazardous conditions on properties can cause death or serious injuries to visitors, customers and others. Taylor & Ring obtained a $2.1 million settlement after a woman fell and suffered fatal burns due to a hazardous water heater in her apartment building.
- Construction Site / Industrial Accidents: Victims of construction and industrial accidents can often obtain payments beyond workers’ compensation. Taylor & Ring helps severely injured individuals receive damages for workplace accidents due to safety violations and employer neglect.
- Defective Products: Taylor & Ring’s clients who have been harmed by defective equipment and consumer products have received multimillion-dollar payments for their injuries. One jury awarded $13 million to a truck driver our firm represented after a forklift fell on him.
- Employment Litigation: Employees can suffer workplace discipline as severe as termination purely for reasons of employer bias. In 2013, 6,892 Californians filed complaints of such discrimination with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The lawsuits filed by Taylor & Ring have disproved employers’ pretexts for taking action and uncovered instances of illegal sexual harassment and discrimination based on sex, race, age and other characteristics.
- Civil Litigation: Our firm has obtained verdicts and settlements in the areas of police misconduct, government liability, insurance bad faith and malpractice, including a lawsuit brought to the U.S. Supreme Court involving the deaths of three men in a plane crash. Beech Aircraft Corporation was ordered to pay $57 million, one of the largest individual judgments in California history.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Taylor & Ring has successfully represented numerous victims of public and private vehicle accidents. For example, when a woman who failed her DMV exam drove a company vehicle four days later and seriously injured a motorcyclist; our firm obtained an $18.6 million verdict for the motorcyclist.
Accomplished Trial Lawyers
Partners John C. Taylor and David M. Ring are experienced litigators, specializing in sexual abuse and personal injury matters. With more than 100 jury trials and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements, Taylor & Ring knows what it takes to successfully represent victims. Mr. Taylor and Mr. Ring have repeatedly been named to the list of The Best Lawyers in America© and Southern California Super Lawyers. In addition, the firm has also been recognized by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
Taylor & Ring: A Law Firm Making News
The attorneys at Taylor & Ring are no strangers to publicity. Some of our cases have generated substantial media coverage. Among them is a $14 million settlement, the largest “per victim” settlement in the nation, against the Moraga School District, as well as an ongoing litigation in the Miramonte School sex abuse scandal and a $5.4 million verdict against a West Hollywood nightclub.