Location: Los Angeles, California
Email: E-mail Me
Louanne Masry handles cases involving serious personal injury, wrongful death, elder abuse, nursing home neglect, sexual abuse, products liability, civil rights, employment law, and medical malpractice, including birth injuries against negligent hospitals and doctors.
She has litigated a diverse collection of cases over the years, including notables such as Pamela Anderson-Lee’s stolen sex tape case, complex toxic tort cases, invasion of privacy cases against tabloids on behalf of celebrity clients, product liability cases involving tainted vitamin and herbal supplements, elder abuse and medical malpractice cases, and a variety of other serious personal injury cases.
Louanne’s representative successes on behalf of clients include:
- $8.8 million verdict against the County of Los Angeles on behalf of a 29-year-old man who was shot and killed by Los Angeles County Sheriffs.
- $5.6 million verdict against Chino Valley Unified School District on behalf of a young woman who was sexually abused by her teacher.
- $4.5 million verdict against Carlsbad Unified School District on behalf of two female elementary students who were molested by their teacher.
- $3 million settlement on behalf of a special needs child against a school district for sexual assault.
- $2.2 million settlement on behalf of a family in a wrongful death case where a train collided with an automobile.
- $1.5 million verdict against Los Angeles Unified School District for a special needs student who was sexually abused by another student on school grounds.
- $1.4 million verdict against The Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley for the sexual abuse of a 10-year-old boy by a juvenile sex offender.
Louanne is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA), a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one percent of American lawyers. She is a member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), the Consumer Attorneys Organization of California (CAOC), American Association for Justice (AAJ), and the Los Angeles Bar Association. Louanne has written a number of articles published in legal journals and has lectured to thousands of attorneys on subjects ranging from elder abuse to Medicare.
Louanne has been honored on the list of Southern California “Super Lawyer” for the fourth consecutive year. In 2012, Louanne was nominated for 2012 Woman Trial Lawyer of the Year by CAOC, Women’s Caucus. In addition, Louanne was selected for inclusion on the list of 2013 Southern California Super Lawyers “Top Women”.
Prior to joining Taylor & Ring in 2007, Louanne, daughter of renowned attorney Ed Masry of “Erin Brockovich” fame, practiced law at her late-father’s law firm. Ed Masry became a household name in the late 1990s after he successfully pursued a toxic tort case that ultimately was settled by Pacific Gas & Electric for more than $300 million. The case was made into the hit movie called “Erin Brockovich” in 2000.
Louanne earned her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of California, Los Angeles and her Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude and received numerous academic awards.
Areas of Practice
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Elder Abuse
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Sexual Abuse
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice including Birth Injuries Against Negligent Hospitals or Doctors
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Recipient, Academic Awards
Honors and Awards
- Selected, Southern California Super Lawyers (2011 – present)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member
- Consumer Attorneys Organization of California (CAOC), Member
Los Angeles Bar Association, Member