$14.4 million verdict
$14 million settlement
$18.6 million verdict
$57 million verdict
$6.15 million settlement
$13 million verdict
$8.05 million verdict
$8.75 million verdict
$10.8 million verdict
Strong Los Angeles Attorneys Fighting for the Victims of Personal Injury and Sexual Abuse
Top tier civil litigation attorneys with a proven track-record of trial success
At the law firm of Taylor & Ring, we understand the trauma and anxiety each type of personal injury case brings – especially cases that involve sexual assault or abuse. We know you and your family are in pain right now. We pride ourselves on taking a compassionate, professional approach to the law. We investigate the case, determine what law applies, and then artfully argue our client’s cause, while you focus on healing. Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys have won cases against school districts, government agencies, large companies, insurance companies who have injured you or someone you love.
Taylor & Ring is recognized as one of the top plaintiff’s trial law firms in Southern California. The firm’s partners John Taylor and Dave Ring are listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2017, one of the country’s premier legal rating agencies. Our firm has obtained multi-million jury verdicts and settlements across the spectrum of civil litigation including sexual abuse and sexual assault lawsuits, product liability claims, wrongful death cases, motor vehicle and public transportation cases, elder abuse misconduct, bad faith insurance contests, and other civil litigation matters. Let us advocate for you and your family.
Skilled advocacy in complicated personal injury cases
Our firm has a reputation for tackling the hard cases – cases other personal injury lawyers are reluctant to take. Our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys fight to get clients every dollar they deserve, including compensation for physical pain, emotional suffering, scarring, and disfigurement. We fight for compensation for all your necessary medical bills including hospitalization, doctors’ visits, rehabilitation therapy, medical equipment, and medications, as well as for the income you lost while out of work.
Taylor & Ring handle these types of cases throughout Southern California:
• Wrongful Death. When tragedy strikes and a loved one is killed through the negligence or fault of another, our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys have the experience and compassion to help families get results. We fight to get spouses, children, and other eligible family members compensation for the loss of financial support and the loss of emotional support and guidance the loved one would have provided. We also seek payment for the funeral bills and any medical bills on behalf of the deceased.
• Vehicle Accidents. Our firm understands how one distracted driver, one drunk driver, or one careless driver can change your life forever. We investigate the cause of vehicle accidents, sometimes with the help of reconstruction experts, to hold responsible parties accountable. Accountable parties can include the drivers, the owners, trucking and shipping companies, local or county governments, parts manufacturers, and others. Taylor & Ring takes cases involving:
• Nursing home abuse and neglect. Seniors and families place their trust in nursing homes to take proper care of the elderly and those with special needs. Sadly, this trust is often abused by the nursing facility and by the staff. A Los Angeles personal injury lawyer at our firm is ready to file legal claims when physical, emotional, sexual, or financial abuse occurs due to understaffing, poor supervision, or for other reasons. All too often, we have seen cases of dehydration, malnutrition, bedsores, burn injuries, and other serious types of harm. We pursue these abuse and neglect cases to make sure our client gets financial justice and to stop the abuse from happening to anyone else.
• Product liability. Product defect cases are complex cases that require first-rate legal counsel. We work aggressively to prove that a dangerous defect caused our client’s injuries. Whether the product was poorly designed, poorly manufactured, or failed to comply with industry standards, our lawyers are on your side. Common types of product malfunction include vehicle parts, electronic goods, pharmaceuticals, industrial machinery, furniture, and toys for children.
• Premises liability. Store owners, apartment owners, restaurants, hospitals, construction sites, and any business that invites customers, visitors, and patrons onto their property have a duty to make sure their property is safe. When someone slips and falls, trips and falls, is hurt because of inadequate lighting, is harmed because security was negligent, or is hurt for other reasons; the property owner and those responsible for maintenance deserve to be accountable. Homeowners who fail to clean their sidewalks after a snowstorm or who allow a dog to bite a neighbor can be held liable too.
We are experienced trial attorneys who pursue justice for our clients in state and federal court. When you feel like your voice is not being heard, we will advocate aggressively on your behalf for your right to a safe and secure future.
A powerful voice for sex abuse victims
At Taylor and Ring, we understand how horrific and tragic any type of sexual misconduct is. For most of our clients, the physical trauma and emotional suffering have been debilitating. Many of our clients need help and counseling for years after the assault or abuse. If you or a loved one has been sexually abused or assaulted, please know: you are not alone, and you are not powerless. Our Los Angeles sexual abuse and sexual assault lawyers are here to support you through the entire process. We are discreet and sensitive to your story and your needs. We work with psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors and therapists so that the necessary information can be obtained in legal ways that respect the victim. We are especially attuned to the trauma that discussing and litigating sexual abuse and assault cases can cause for children. Our firm has represented numerous teenagers and pre-teenagers who have been abused by teachers, or who have suffered due to the neglect of schools and school districts throughout California. We represent clients in a range of areas, including:
- Child sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse in schools, churches and youth organizations
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Victims of rape
Our firm can help you get justice, when a claim is timely filed, by proving misconduct and demanding compensation for all your pain and suffering, your medical bills including visits with psychiatrists and psychologists, and all the income you lost. As an example, our firm record holds the largest per victim & settlement in the nation for a sexual abuse case – $7 million each for two females who were sexually abused by their teacher.
Sexual harassment in the workplace
Sexual harassment at work encompasses many different types of improper behavior – verbal and emotional as well as physical. Conduct by the employer or coworkers that creates a hostile work environment is sexual harassment. Workers should not be afraid to come to work, to voice their opinions, or to choose who they socialize with. When employers fail to respect that employees are entitled to make work-related decisions free from any sexual pressure, the employers should be held accountable so the harassment stops and so the person who was harassed is compensated.
We guide sexual harassment clients through the state and federal laws that govern conduct at work. Our Los Angeles sexual harassment lawyers understand how to prove sexual harassment and how to demand damages for improper and offensive workplace behavior. We fight for financial justice for our clients who should see work as a place where success is based on improving the company’s profits and serving the community – instead of how others behave.
Contact a passionate injury attorney in Los Angeles
At Taylor and Ring, our compassionate Los Angeles personal injury and sexual abuse lawyers are ready to help you get justice. We work with doctors, engineers, vocational specialists, physical therapists, and other professionals to properly assess your case. Our lawyers understand that different injuries require different treatment plans, some of which can require a lifetime of medical care. We answer your questions, guide you through each phase of the case. We have a history of negotiating strong settlements but we are always ready to try your case before a jury of your peers when insurance companies and defendants aren’t paying what they should. Please call our firm at 310-776-6390 or use this contact form to arrange to speak with an attorney. The initial consultation is free and we take most cases on a contingency fee basis. We’re ready to help you recover and start your life anew.
Se habla español.