Location: Los Angeles, California
Email: E-mail Me
Taylor & Ring Trial Attorney Natalie Weatherford focuses her practice on representing both children and adults in sexual harassment, assault, abuse and misconduct cases, as well as catastrophic injury and civil rights litigation.
Natalie has obtained many large verdicts and settlements in high profile cases including:
- $14 million settlement in sexual abuse case against Moraga School District on behalf of two adult females who were victimized by their middle school teacher in the 1990s. Each victim obtained $7 million, which is the largest amount “per victim” ever paid by any school district in any state.
- $8.05 million verdict in a sexual abuse case where a 14-year-old female student was manipulated into a sexual relationship with her eighth grade teacher. The school district was liable for its negligent supervision of the student and the teacher. A.M. vs. Pomona Unified School District
- $5.4 million verdict for a 14-year-old girl who was sexually abused by her ninth grade teacher.
- $3.5 million settlement on behalf of several children who were abused by their elementary school teacher.
- $2.5 million settlement on behalf of 3 young men who were sexually harassed by their male supervisor.
- $1.1 million verdict for a 52-year-old man who sustained a back injury when rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic.
- Litigating Childhood Sexual-Abuse Cases; The Advocate (February 2014)
- Seven Key Evidentiary Issues in Sexual Assault, Abuse and Harassment Cases; The Advocate Article (October 2015)
- Motions to Compel: The New Reality; The Advocate (December 2016)
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2014-2017
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2016 Women Southern California Rising Stars, 2016
- CAALA “Rising Star” Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalist, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Board of Governors
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholar
Honors: Chair, Negotiation Honors Program
- California State University, Long Beach