Location: Los Angeles, California
Email: E-mail Me
Taylor & Ring Trial Attorney Natalie Weatherford focuses her practice on representing both children and adults in sexual harassment, assault, abuse and misconduct cases, as well as catastrophic injury and civil rights litigation.
Natalie has obtained many large verdicts and settlements in high profile cases including:
- $25.3 million verdict on behalf of client who was sexually abused over the course of four years at the Westerly School in Long Beach.
- $14 million settlement in sexual abuse case against Moraga School District on behalf of two adult females who were victimized by their middle school teacher in the 1990s. Each victim obtained $7 million, which is the largest amount “per victim” ever paid by any school district in any state.
- $8.05 million verdict in a sexual abuse case where a 14-year-old female student was manipulated into a sexual relationship with her eighth-grade teacher. The school district was liable for its negligent supervision of the student and the teacher. A.M. vs. Pomona Unified School District
- $5.4 million verdict for a 14-year-old girl who was sexually abused by her ninth-grade teacher.
- $5 million settlement on behalf of child who was sexually abused by her junior high school teacher. The litigation of this case led to the enactment of Civil Code Section 1708.5.5 and Evidence Code Section 1106(c) which changed the laws regarding consent evidence for minors in California. S.M. v. Los Angeles Unified School District, Elkis Hermida.
- $4 million settlement on behalf of a woman who was raped at gunpoint in a Los Angeles shopping mall. The case involved premises liability and negligent security against a mall owner and security company.
- $3.5 million settlement on behalf of several children who were abused by their elementary school teacher.
- $2.5 million settlement on behalf of 3 young men who were sexually harassed by their male supervisor.
- $2 million settlement for a young girl who was verbally harassed, but never physically touched by her high school coach. Jane Doe v. School District.
- $1.1 million verdict for a 52-year-old man who sustained a back injury when rear-ended in stop-and-go traffic.
- Litigating Childhood Sexual-Abuse Cases; The Advocate (February 2014)
- Seven Key Evidentiary Issues in Sexual Assault, Abuse and Harassment Cases; The Advocate Article (October 2015)
- Motions to Compel: The New Reality; The Advocate (December 2016)
- Government Tort Claims: Practice and Procedures; The Advocate (November 2018)
- Unwanted Advances; Best Law Firms 2020 (November 2019)
- Interview with Lawyer Monthly about the impact of AB 218.
- Protecting Your Plaintiff in Sexual-Misconduct Cases; The Advocate (April 2020)
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2014-2018
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2016 Women Southern California Rising Stars, 2016, 2018
- CAALA “Rising Star” Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalist, 2016, 2018
- Law360's Rising Stars, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Board of Governors
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- CAALA Vegas Conference Speaker: 2015, 2017, 2018
- CAALA Women Trial Lawyers Conference Speaker: 2018
- National Victims of Crime Bar Association- Sexual Abuse Section Speaker: 2018
- Western Trial Lawyers Conference Speaker: 2018
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
Honors: Dean’s Merit Scholar
Honors: Chair, Negotiation Honors Program
- California State University, Long Beach