Brendan P. Gilbert
Location: Los Angeles, California
Email: E-mail Me
Brendan Gilbert handles cases involving the sexual abuse of minors, sexual assault and harassment, products liability, and complex personal injury actions with catastrophic injuries. Mr. Gilbert has been the handling attorney on numerous cases that have resulted in seven-figure settlements. He has also second chaired multiple personal injury trials to verdict.
Prior to joining Taylor & Ring, Mr. Gilbert was an attorney at a plaintiff’s trial law firm where he participated in all aspects of civil litigation, as well as appellate advocacy. Most notably, he served as lead counsel on a personal injury arbitration in which liability and damages were disputed, and obtained a near seven-figure award for the plaintiff.
Notable Verdicts & Settlements
- $10 million settlement, Jane Doe v. Lucia Mar Unified School District, et al. Sexual abuse case brought on behalf of a minor with special needs who was sexually abused by her bus driver.
- $7.4 million settlement, Samuel Chang v. Carpenter, et al. Personal injury case brought on behalf of individual who was attacked on Halloween night by two off duty firefighters and three other individuals and suffered a traumatic brain injury and PTSD.
- $5 million settlement, Jane Doe v. Big Oak Unified School District, et al. Sexual abuse case brought on behalf of a minor who was sexually abused by her teacher who had abused other students at the prior school that he taught at. Prior school gave the teacher glowing, but false, recommendations and “passed the trash” to get rid of him.
- $3 million settlement, Adrienne McColl v. Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, et al. Sexual abuse case brought on behalf of an individual who was sexually abused while she was a minor by her mentor at an aquarium operated by the City of Los Angeles.
Mr. Gilbert obtained his Juris Doctorate and a Certificate in the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law, where he received the CALI Award for Excellence in the course Remedies. Prior to law school, he graduated cum laude from the University of California, Irvine with his Bachelor of Arts in Criminology: Law and Society.
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California, 2010
- Honors: Certificate in the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Honors: CALI Award for Excellence in the course Remedies
- B.A., cum laude, University of California at Irvine, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (LATLC), Member
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers in AmericaOnes to Watch, 2021-2022