Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers Pursue Compensation for Scarring and Disfiguring Accidents
Honest legal representation from LA catastrophic injury attorneys
Some accidents leave a permanent imprint on the victim, both physically and mentally. Individuals are never the same after an injury to the face, head or limbs. The loss of feeling or function can be physically disabling, while a permanently altered appearance can be psychologically and socially devastating. If you or a loved one has experienced scarring or disfigurement from an accident, you need to be represented by a law firm that will pursue comprehensive compensation for the profound personal toll these injuries have on your life.
The experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys of Taylor & Ring represent people who have been scarred or maimed through the negligence of others. We have a record of notable verdicts and settlements for victims of serious and catastrophic injuries from motor vehicle accidents, falls, dog bites, assaults, fires, explosions, burns and other incidents that resulted in serious disfigurement. Let us put our knowledge and experience to work in your case.
Aggressive legal representation for children and adults
In our years of experience, we have encountered scarring and disfigurement cases that include such injuries as:
- Visible scarring on the face, head, neck, hands, etc.
- Disfiguring burn injuries
- Broken nose or facial bones
- Dental damage
- Eye injuries or vision loss
- Damage to the outer ear
- Loss of limb
- Partial paralysis or nerve damage
- Limping or other mobility impairments
Our lawyers have represented adults and children across Southern California who have suffered disfiguring injuries. We possess the proven skill and capacity to establish negligence and hold responsible parties accountable for what our clients have suffered, as well as what they will endure for years to come. Children are particularly vulnerable when faced with disfiguring injuries. The challenges of growing up are compounded when a child must additionally deal with visible scarring or a disfiguring injury.
Maximizing compensation for our clients
The severity and compensatory value of a scarring and disfigurement claim depends on numerous factors, including:
- Location of injury. Juries generally view injuries that cannot be covered by clothing as more severe and life-altering. Injuries to the face, neck or hands may result in higher levels of compensation. Injury location also becomes relevant if the scarring impedes a victim’s ability to use a particular joint. For example, scar tissue at the knee can negatively impact the joint’s range of motion.
- Gender of victim. Though disfigurement is life-altering for all victims, juries tend to award greater damages for female scarring victims. This may be due in part to the substantial value that society places on a woman’s appearance. Visible scars can be cosmetically embarrassing and greatly diminish a victim’s self-esteem.
- Age of victim. As previously stated, younger disfigurement victims tend to receive larger compensation awards than older and elderly victims. However, you should not let this trend keep you from filing a claim. The lasting impact of a disfigurement injury can still result in a high-value settlement or verdict, regardless of age.
- Collateral losses. Scarring can lead to other medical complications. The victim may experience the pain of a nerve injury and/or diminished sensitivity to touch. Some patients are further affected by keloid scars, which develop when the scar forms beyond the location of the original wound. This excessive scar tissue can grow to a large mass, requiring surgery for removal.
- Emotional injury. The psychological impacts of disfigurement are substantial. Permanent changes to a person’s appearance can lead to low self-esteem, loss of confidence and depression. Long-term psychological assistance may be necessary to effectively treat these emotional harms.
- Victim’s occupation. Victims who rely on their physical appearance for their employment income may secure higher levels of compensation. For example, a model whose face is severely scarred by someone else’s negligence may lose the ability to continue working in the modeling industry.
Our knowledgeable Los Angeles scarring and disfigurement injury lawyers examine the specific circumstances of your injuries and how they have impacted your life. We seek to maximize compensation by spending time with injury victims and their family members. We also connect our clients with the best doctors and professionals to help us detail a case for the total costs of recovery. We call on a variety of experts to give their professional opinions regarding the current and future costs of:
- Reconstructive surgery
- Skin grafts or plastic surgery
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation
- Psychological counseling
- Permanent disability or altered appearance
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
Aggressively pursuing compensation for disfiguring injuries in Los Angeles
Taylor & Ring has obtained multimillion-dollar recoveries for victims of severe burns and other disfiguring accidents. We are also known for taking great care of our clients throughout their personal recovery and the legal process. For a free consultation with proven LA injury attorneys who are sensitive to the aftermath of scarring and disfigurement, call us at 310-776-6390 or complete our contact form today.
Se habla español.