Experienced Los Angeles Sexual Harassment Lawyers Fighting for the Rights of Workers
Helping Workers throughout Southern California Obtain Justice
Sexual harassment takes many forms, all of which have no place in a professional working environment. The bottom line is that certain unwelcome behaviors can make life unbearable and have a long-lasting emotional, psychological and even physical impact on the victim. According to a survey, nearly 54 percent of workers had experienced some form of workplace sexual harassment.
The law firm of Taylor & Ring has a strong track record in sexual harassment litigation. If an employer or institution failed to stop harassing behavior or retaliated against the victim in any way, we will aggressively pursue justice through a civil lawsuit.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
While unwanted physical contact is the most obvious example of sexual harassment in the workplace, no contact need be made for the behavior to constitute harassment. Sexual harassment can include both physical and verbal harassment such as:
- Sexual assault or groping
- Unwelcome touching, hugging or kissing
- Unwanted advances
- Stalking behavior (gifts, texts, phone calls, following)
- Pornography or offensive images
- Sexually explicit jokes, pranks or language
- Catcalls or comments about one’s body
Any unwanted sexual behavior in the workplace makes it difficult, if not impossible, for the victim to perform his or her job duties, and can have extremely long-lasting detrimental effects on his or her well-being both personally and professionally. Hostile work environments are not to be accepted, so seek out legal counsel if you have experienced any type of discomfort or threats, including quid pro quo harassment.
Seeking Justice for Sex Harassment in Your Place of Employment
According to a poll, one in five women said they’d been harassed by a boss, and one in four said they had been harassed by another co-worker. We represent adults who have been subjected to workplace sexual harassment by an owner, executive, supervisor, co-worker or client. If you were manipulated into sexual encounters by a person in authority, subjected to unwelcome advances, or forced to endure offensive or degrading behavior, the employer can be liable for your economic losses and emotional distress.
Types of Cases We Handle
Compassionate representation for victims of sexual assault, including:
- Sexual abuse in schools
- Sexual abuse in youth organizations
- Sexual abuse in religious organizations
- Adult survivors of abuse
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Sexual Abuse / Sexual Assault
- Child Sexual Abuse / Child Sexual Assault
Los Angeles Litigators Helping Sexual Harassment Victims Move Forward
Bringing a claim for sexual harassment is a daunting step. The knowledgeable and compassionate Los Angeles sex harassment lawyers of Taylor & Ring will sit down with you to explain your rights and help you decide how to proceed. We will aggressively pursue compensation for the harm that you have endured, including going to trial to achieve justice. Get in touch with our office or call 310-776-6390 to begin the process.
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace – What Is It, and What Are My Options?
- Date Rape Is Increasingly Abetted by Drugs
- Los Angeles Attorneys Explain Key Issues in Date Rape Cases
- Relaxed Statute of Limitation Laws Don’t Apply to Civil Rape Cases
- Five things you must know as a victim of rape or sexual abuse
- Does California have a statute of limitations for rape?